Friday 9 July 2010

tom dick and bfi

Taking a few days off, tom-dick, right now. It's been a long time since I last had sick leave, and I think it must apply to the whole country because, in that time, the afternoon telly has been neglected and, as a result, become unbelievably crap. I was hoping for a good, old-fashioned and classic film to take my mind off my chills and fever but instead got an endless series of programmes featuring estate agents showing vacant couples around vacant houses.

I had some time ago collected a link to the online British Film Institute and they have uploaded some ''curiosities'' from their archives on to BFI-Youtube. I hadn't realised this runs as a playlist, so by selecting one clip I ended up watching a concoction of weird and unrelated historical film clips for about an hour before I felt overloaded. Still, it was better than watching estate agents.

I'm feeling much better, by the way. Back to normal next week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for BFI tip off Ian, I will have a browse in some near future spare time. However little of that there is, I have oodles more than the average chap in 1939..

    An agent might be showing a couple of brains around some desirable vacant couples. In fact I can envisage your cartoon of that already.

    ReplyDelete