Tuesday 13 July 2010

Jaga Jazzist

A few years ago when I bought a copy of Kind of Blue in the Amazon sales, just to see what the fuss was all about, I wouldn't have believed it would eventually switch me on to Scandanavia big-time. I've never been there and I think I should go.

According to my radio jazz is big in Norway and Sweden. They kind of have their own way with Jazz. I can't describe it, and I don't know enough about music to want to try, but it sounds - I don't know - clean, young and fresh, like I imagine all Scandinavians to be. It's also sometimes crazy, which is also what I imagine Scandanavians to be.

I've just heard this on the radio. Jaga Jazzist are from Norway. Actually, I'd like you to listen before watching the band as they're distracting at first. I thought I was hearing the theme from a 60s TV show about a team of psychadelic private eyes, or a crime-fighting schoolboy who lives out of a suitcase with his mini-skirted, millionaire mother.

Once you've listened to it, then see the band; it's even more unbelievable. Enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment