Wednesday 29 September 2010

street photographer

Had this little beauty in my inbox this morning, an invitation to join a community, the Street Photography Now Project, in association with The Photographer's Gallery, London, and Sophie Howarth and Stephen McLaren, authors of Street Photography Now. (Unfortunately, it involves posting our efforts on Flickr - why they didn't set up their own unique platform, I really don't know.) The gist is, they'll post a weekly instruction for you to take to the street, make an image, and upload it to their Flickr group. You don't need a squirrel monkey; just a camera, a town, and a lot of brass neck.

Here's a brief slideshow promoting Howarth and McLaren's new book which contains some fun, funny, and inspirational photos, and the kind of thing I imagine they're looking for;


Street Photography Now from Johanna on Vimeo.



Addendum: Seems to be a bit confusing over at SPNP's Flickr page. I've found this which seems to be where the prompts are. Then you have to marry it up to the right Flickr group. Why, oh why, oh why et cetera et ad infinitum....

3 comments:

  1. I guess you can still use Flickr's free service, but yeah, why DON'T they have their own forum, huh? You should give it a shot Ian. I miss seeing your perspective through the camera eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love capturing-the-moment pics a la Cartier Bresson, these are right up my str...nothing on flickr yet - has it only begun?

    ReplyDelete
  3. ...as The Carpenter's once sung.

    Well, I've got a new camera and I've got a new how-to book, I just need some inspiration.

    ReplyDelete