Wednesday 1 July 2009

guilt trip

Wow, if guilt isn't featuring on the agenda this week! I went to visit the Cheltenham Museum & Art Gallery today, as per Paxman. I did think about taking the bus, the stop being five minutes walk from my door, but the fare would've been seven quid return, and the bus, old smoky, would have shaken the fillings from my teeth. In any case, car parking is not in short supply and two hours costs £2.50. This is the fundamental problem with using public transport: little incentive.

However, I felt bad about using the car for pleasure after using it very little over the past few months. And it felt strangely alien. I should have gone by bus. Or not at all. The Museum & Art Gallery turned out to be more museum than gallery, about 90/10 respectively. It would've been more if the larger exhibition room was exhibiting. It is next week, apparently. Maybe I'll go back. By bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment