Saturday 27 June 2009

Noah!

I like this site, Operation Noah, which I found today. No, I'm not into religious conversion. There's plenty of wisdom to be had but in matters of God I remain agnostic. I just like the comparisons between Noah's crisis and ours.

In The Vanishing Face of Gaia, James Lovelock refers to the future British Isles as a possible ''lifeboat'' for survivors and refugees of climate change. An ark is better: more purposeful and the outcome more hopeful.

And I liked Ann Pettifor's Thoughts for the Week (I was trying to remember the Ann who regularly did awful Thoughts for the Day on BBC Radio 4. Ann(e) Atkins - that's the fella! No. No comparison really).

And I want to find how to do one of these origami Arks. The art of Japanese paper folding has always been fascinating.

And I like the slogan; Faith-motivated, Science-informed, Hope-driven.

And they appear to be big on bicycles.

No comments:

Post a Comment