Monday 8 June 2009

art & work

Time tends to move fastest about now; it's almost mid-June, soon the longest day, soon after that the end of classes. This round of the Moleskine Exchange is almost complete too and the next round will continue without me. It's been good fun but the space will be welcome - providing I don't squander it.

Our class tutor was talking about booking some exhibition space in town for her students. An exciting idea! Not that I'll be one of those students who hope to sell their work. This is, partly, the old chestnut about valuing one's efforts but also because I hardly ever see my bits as finished. Not even ''works in progress''. The enjoyment for me is the process of creating in the ''here and now'', beyond that it doesn't matter. It's taken me too long to get to this stage, I'm not sure I want to do anything different. If the exhibition idea becomes reality, I may have to knuckle down and complete a couple of pieces. That's why they call it art work.

No comments:

Post a Comment