Monday 15 March 2010

hi-ho

Spring is here and I'm bored with working inside. This time, last year, I was free to dedicate 100% of my hours on the allotment if I so wished; now I have to work.

It doesn't help that I can't seem to get the measure of the brief for the job I'm currently involved in. One day you can't do too little, the next too much is not nearly enough. It's the business-political aspect I never get; I'd much rather set-to to do the best job I can, regardless. Still, I quietly remind myself of the mantra: nothing lasts forever. There's light approaching clearly from the end of the tunnel. All I need do is steady myself on the footplate and keep shovelling in the coal...

2 comments:

  1. HelloOo Ian! 'glad to see you're still as creative as always!
    I'm bored with the inside too, but on my off days it's always rain, rain, rain.
    We live on a farm and will be planting our cornfield soon.(and then I'll soon be dreaming of leisure time spent in the cool indoors )

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, hello again Janet! I think you could be the first to drop by... I don't advertise too much. I envy you're opportunity to be working the land.

    ReplyDelete