Thursday 17 December 2009

kettle of fish and electric december

I'm struggling to keep up with this web lark. Frankly, I fear the novelty's begun to wear thin, something that was accelerated once I returned to work in Summer and found the company I had joined prohibited personal internet use. And I discovered I didn't really miss it that much. I easily found other things to do. The web, from this point of view has become too X-factor, too red-topped, too infinite monkeys on infinite typewriters, still looking for Shakespeare. I have decided it's shit or bust for the world wise web.

I'm cheerful. Johnnynorm's other blog, (Different) Kettle of Fish, brings to our attention Electric December, a video advent calender comprising daily postings of short films made with young people across Europe. I was particularly taken with the 17th window because of its cute innocence, and because it's a good example of stop-frame animation which I like. The rest of the work is equally worthwhile and watchable. It makes me want to get hold of a camcorder - just because it looks like a lot of fun.

Don't neglect the archives, there's electric decembers all the way from 1999.

No comments:

Post a Comment